Exercise induced ketosis

zicksi101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any decent info on this topic? I've done a google, but haven't really found much on this subject yet as what I have found relates to Keto diet (which I don't do).

I've noticed a little ketosis after weight training today, well outside the danger zone though, and my blood sugar is 6.4 currently, so no concerns there.

I done a basal test which finished before dinner yesterday. I expect 22 hours of fasting could definitely be a factor. Interestingly, though, I've only seen the ketosis after exercise today. When I finished basal testing yesterday there wasn't even a trace.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you may find this book interesting - although I haven't read it, so I don't know how much, if any, is appropriate to an insulin user.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Scienc...63168513&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=voleck+phinney

I have read their other book 'Art and Science of LC Living' and it is excellent, but I understand that they have done more work with athletes, than non-athletes, so would expect the PErformance book to be at least as good. :)