first hypo = first post

adey0511

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Nasty people
Hi
My first ever hypo has been the reason for my first post. I found this site whilst searching for advice on hypo's. I was diagnosed type2 in 1999.. controlled with diet for five years... I was then put on Metformin. At my review a couple of weeks ago my nurse put me on gliclazide tablets due to a second review reading of 7.1
I have always found my diet quite difficult as a confirmed 16 year long vegetarian and to be frank I don't have a great appetite :roll:
Yesterday I had sweats / shivers & pins and needles in both arms and legs... scarey... I took my reading it was 3.5 the lowest I have ever seen !! Not having experienced this before I probably did the wrong thing off eating chocolate and drinking full coke... my readings were quickly upto 13.8. After a reasonable nights sleep I felt terrible today..... weak, lethargic and a bit sickly. I have taken today off work, but am wondering is this experience unusual ? Hope I feel better soon, any advise / experiences would be appreciated.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi.
Welcome to the Forum.

Hypos........this is a link to a post about the subject I put in Greetings and Introductions. See here :

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18529#p168549

Hypo's are not nice and the effects on some people can last for a while. I am usually feeling better after an hour with no after effects....... :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hypo's are not very pleasant and can take time to recover depending on how far your bg falls and how fast you treat them, read the hypo advice Cugila has provided for you and hope you recover soon.

Nigel

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On a DAFNE course last week one person described a hypo as "The worst hangover ever time 3" I thought for a moment and then had to agree.

I know I feel like cr*p and have a stonking headache after I have one so fair enough.

Hope your hypos don't become a regular thing. I am working hard these days to try and walk the fine line between high and hypo and that is also giving me a headache, though not as bad I must admit :)

Good luck

/A

adey0511

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Nasty people
Thanks ... i found that very interesting...... i am now researching 'liver dump', i have never heard this expression?