Michael090382

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too many to mention
Hi everyone,

This might sound like a strange question but can you wear the libre sensors whilst lifting heavy weights in the gym?

I was just a bit worried about it moving, falling off or just not working?

Thank

Michael

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
My movement is completely unrestricted, no problems at all doing whatever exercise. A lot of people seem to be having troubles with it falling off or getting caught on things, but that has never happened to me. I suspect placement has something to do with it, I always place mine on the inner arm by the bicep.

Reactions: Michael090382

Michael090382

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too many to mention
Thanks,

Should the contraction of a muscle cause any problems with the sensors etc.. just thinking if lifting weights in relation to bicep or triceps?

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
It doesn't cause me any problems, but I would suggest having a relaxed limp arm resting against something while applying it. This is what my current placement looks like, and no pain or problems.

Attachments

• DSC_0001_resized.JPG
    DSC_0001_resized.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC_0002_resized.JPG
    DSC_0002_resized.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 153
D

Deleted Account

The Libre is not placed on your muscles - this would not be a good idea because there is not a lot of fat over them, it would be painful to insert and, as you say, the flexing may dislodge it.
The Libre is placed on the back of the upper arm and should not impact any training.

Reactions: Michael090382