Freestyle libre

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have a look at the Abbott face book web sites, loads of information, opinions etc; I've been using them since Oct 14, expensive but diabetically life changing and addictive! The Abbott Flash Libre website will give you their version too.

Reactions: 2 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Lots of good stuff said, they are very useful to help understand patterns and also if you are rising or falling, see other threads posted on the site by searching Libre, I personally believe if the technology is there and it's affordable then well worth it ;)

Reactions: 2 people

mojo_101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Used to have dexcom, now use libre. Great to have trend information (which way you are heading) i think NHS only fund in very rare cases.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
I have recently got one, and am now on my second sensor. I only bought one because my healthcare team could not seem to get me on a good suitable insulin.( still not good)
My first sensor was very good until it got to 10 days after 12 days it was so far out I stopped using it. After calls and emails they sent me a replacement. My present sensor is working much better with 3 days left on it.
They are good and can help to avoid hypos. The graphs it shows are usefull to improve control. So easy to scan and wonderfull during the night, I dont even turn the light on. Expensive though, I hope the sensors last 14 days.