Frequent loss of signal, libre2 on android

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Before libre2 was updated to give continuous readings I'd turned off the signal-loss alarm because it triggered erratically. With the update for continuous readingds that alarm is force-enabled. I was getting a lot of those alarms, eventually figured my phone was not up to the job (7 years old!). Now using a new Samsung Galaxy A145R, it still randomly, and frequently, loses contact. Gave it a reading about 5 minutes ago, but I've now taken it out of my pocket again to check the version for this post and it has again lost the signal.

double-plus unimpressed.

SherwoodT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This may be a long shot, but I found I had a similar problem when using libre 2 and a 3rd party app. They recommended keeping your phone on the same side as your sensor. Not sure if that's any help?

Also check your battery saver settings in your phone. It needs to be unrestricted ideally. Fingers crossed this helps you!

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This may be a long shot, but I found I had a similar problem when using libre 2 and a 3rd party app. They recommended keeping your phone on the same side as your sensor. Not sure if that's any help?

Also check your battery saver settings in your phone. It needs to be unrestricted ideally. Fingers crossed this helps you!
Thanks, tred using pocket on same side but did not help - still lost contact after about 20 minutes. I think I've got all the battery saver settings for this 'off', but itds a samsungs phone and they install their own worse-than-google versions of some of the apps (e.g. the clock) and generally assume you want to save on battery - despite that, the battery seems to get used quite quickly.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

If you can find "systems apps" in settings.
Find Bluetooth & clear memory & cache...

Then reboot phone?

I use a cheap refurbed Galaxy Note 10pluss.
I'm running the L2 updated app alongside Diabox. The battery life is a beast. My previous phone, a note 9 was pretty good with the same set up too. (Prior to the L2 CGM upgrade on the app.)

Hope this helps..

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks,I can't find any options to clear memory and cache for bluetooth. But after my last post I remembered that on the previous phone, I occasionally had to force stop the app - and with the upgraded version I seemed to need to do that more frequently. This evening it had not kept the signal for any length of time, but it has now been running for 1hr 10 minutes after the forced stop and then opening hte app, and *touch wood* it is keeping in contact with the sensor.

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
"Rude words" - just came back to my computer after watching recorded TV, sat down, got a notification of lost signal. Oddly, that was some while ago - the graph had a gap before the current readings.

SherwoodT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, tred using pocket on same side but did not help - still lost contact after about 20 minutes. I think I've got all the battery saver settings for this 'off', but itds a samsungs phone and they install their own worse-than-google versions of some of the apps (e.g. the clock) and generally assume you want to save on battery - despite that, the battery seems to get used quite quickly.
Sorry it didn't work. Does the connectivity drop more at specific places?

Beyond checking for additive battery, and unrestricted battery use, I can't think of other solutions. Maybe try contacting abbot?

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The connectivity drops randomly, i.e. sometimes it works fine in a particular place/position, other times it drops out.