G4 sensor issues

Klbyrd88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have recently upgraded to the 780 pump. I had no issues with it, but since the upgrade and new G4 sensor my pump shows change sensor about 3 days in.
Talking with support I’m just told it’s a sensor malfunction and they will replace them. I am now on my 2nd batch and still have the same issue. Calling is frustrating because it’s alway the same answer.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The first thing I’d always say is are you making sure you’re hydrated enough as sensors can fail if you’re dehydrated.

Changing sensors every 3 days is frustrating and if I ever get a sensor change message after a couple of days I always slightly unclip the transmitter and clip it back in and start the sensor as new which tends to give it life again.

If it keeps doing it though I would ring up support again and ask about getting a replacement transmitter as that could also be what is causing all of these issues.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
I have recently upgraded to the 780 pump. I had no issues with it, but since the upgrade and new G4 sensor my pump shows change sensor about 3 days in.
Do you mean G7 sensor? Didn't even know they were still making the G4.... (Or is this a pump thing?)

Klbyrd88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The first thing I’d always say is are you making sure you’re hydrated enough as sensors can fail if you’re dehydrated.

Changing sensors every 3 days is frustrating and if I ever get a sensor change message after a couple of days I always slightly unclip the transmitter and clip it back in and start the sensor as new which tends to give it life again.

If it keeps doing it though I would ring up support again and ask about getting a replacement transmitter as that could also be what is causing all of these issues.
Ya it’s beyond frustrating. I am completely hydrated and have been on a pump for 25 years. This is the first time I’ve had issues. I talked to support and they think it’s the sensors. But I’m not accustomed to changing every 3/4 days.
I wanted to make sure it wasn’t just me having issues.
Thanks for responding