G4 sensors - Not compatible with me! [emoji22]

Vix85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am sick to the back teeth of these G4 sensors! Literally failing every 2-3 days, never had this issue with my libre; Medtronic have kindly replaced my transmitter and my pump, was feeling so hopeful but just been out for lunch and it starts.. ‘Sensor updating’ then ‘Sensor not working, insert new sensor.’ I’ve had enough! It hurts removing the tape after just 3 days and I am still wearing a libre as G4 is so unreliable!
I’m so fed up

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I suggest you contact your hospital team and discuss this with them, if you haven't already @Vix85

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Grrrr. How much longer have you got your present pump for? Could you try changing systems and use a Dexcom? I've found the Dexcom G6 to be very reliable.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Extremely frustrating to have sensors constantly fail, seems very odd. I’d make sure your sensors aren’t part of this list - https://www.medtronic-diabetes.com/...vvl1RapsBDgAuJ0GXkSIU-PZTVt6h67kSPTs1GdUq0Wpg

If not I’d be looking into where you are placing the sensors, making sure your sensor and pump are in close proximity and also making sure you are drinking enough water, even slight dehydration can cause sensor failures. If all else fails I would speak to your team.

• Useful
Reactions: aylalake

oldhand1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Any one had problems with the smart phone app for G6 Dexcom. Mine is continuing to show the results last viewed for many hours after and only when I go to settings and back to display does it refresh with the correct reading, Dexcom say they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix I use the iphone app

Bill Wireman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Found a problem with the G4 sensors which they should be able to resolve fairly quickly, the plating baths seem to have a problem. The baths have to be temperature controlled, the content of gold has to be monitored, the current applied to attract the gold particles must be exact and constantly monitored, the water must be circulated at the correct pump rate, the baths should be cleaned on a schedule, the parts to be plated must be cleaned before insertion into the gold bath and the timing must be verified for parts and finally a sample should be tested to verify that the baths are working correctly. If you are not meticulous when doing that job, then you will screw up the whole process and based on what I seeing someone is not maintaining the standards that we expect from a medical supplier. I have posted a breakdown on the failure that I have observed with the G4.

Justin04

I feel your pain Vix. I get 4 days out of mine, 5 days is like a lottery. Medtronic have replaced my transmitter and first sensor in failed immediately. I told the wife I think I’m suffering burnout from it. The biggest mistake I’ve made in recent times was choosing Medtronic over Tandem. And I’ve still got years left!!!! Aarrgh!

Bill Wireman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
G4 sensor returned to office in CA, USA which has part of the sensor totally encapsulated in tissue that the body uses to protect itself from foreign objects.
Now they can view the problem for their self and hopefully fix the plating issue that many of us are having with the G4.