general health

Sue2003

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi

I have been a type 1 diabetic for 10 years now. Before I was skinny very healthy. Since I do nothing but visit the doctors for one thing or another (and get told its because your diabetic) and have piled the weight on big style. Currently doing slimming world but its an uphill struggle. Am I alone, is it me doing something wrong? or is it just pure coincidence that all these other things have joined in.

Get a tad down about it all to be honest. Any advise or comments greatly appreciated.

Sulky Sue

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
What your diabetes control like?

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Sue2003 said:
Hi

I have been a type 1 diabetic for 10 years now. Before I was skinny very healthy. Since I do nothing but visit the doctors for one thing or another (and get told its because your diabetic) and have piled the weight on big style. Currently doing slimming world but its an uphill struggle. Am I alone, is it me doing something wrong? or is it just pure coincidence that all these other things have joined in.

Get a tad down about it all to be honest. Any advise or comments greatly appreciated.

Sulky Sue

Hi sue .

If you could tell us a bit more about your routine with diabetes and area's of concern
you are with currently .
We can have a bit more of a picture to things that are currently happening .

What diabetes regime / routine / control are you using and doing ?

Thanks Anna .

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
im the same been type 1 for a year,put on alot of weight,and everytime i mension the weight im told its the diabetes,thing is,i hardly ever went to see the doctor before the diabetes,im now considering changing my doctors.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. What does your slimming world diet comprise? It is very important for diabetics to control their carb intake to a level which keeps blood sugar and weight down. Although being on insulin enables a wider range of food and quantity to be eaten than a T2 it is still very important to keep the carbs down to avoid weight gain. If you can let us have some idea of your typical meal plans may be we can suggest possible changes to help with the weight gain. This may not resolve some or all of the need to visit the GP but hopefully it will help. BTW being diabetic should not normally mean more frequent visits to the GP apart from check-ups as long as your blood sugar is well controlled; what was your last HBa1C?