Genuine?

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there an inordinate number of our Chinese friends interested in their diabetic wellbeing, or are there rogue elements afoot?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah if its just the spam posts, just report them.
Lots of forums get them not just here (used to get a load on a different set of forums I moderate)

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I usually report them but there was 4 pages full this morning and at 4.30 am it’s a bit daunting so I left and absolved all responsibility lol

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I usually report them but there was 4 pages full this morning and at 4.30 am it’s a bit daunting so I left and absolved all responsibility lol
You can always report just one of them and add that there are many more, although we usually spot them as soon as we log in, and often before they even post. :)

I'm glad to hear that most of you only occasionally see one, looks like we catch most of them quicker than they cause trouble. New ones sprout every night, last night only we've sent 5 of them off, plus 7 of the keto ******* spammers and a couple of miscellaneous ones, we mods tend to eat spammers for breakfast! ;) :hungry:

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
How many carbs in Spam?
Depends on how big the spammer is, Chinese spammers tend to be on the petite side, but I suppose a diet high in rice and noodles would alter the carb content

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hypos and forum bugs
But how much insulin for 5 spammers for breakfast?

I'm doing them in my afternoon in between gardening (mainly weed pulling atm so a similar process) and haven't noticed any increase in insulin needed (but maybe that is counteracted by the exercise).

I do appreciate the reports though, though as @Antje77 said you only need to report the spammer once (they can post more than ten times if left unchecked).

• Informative

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am owner or moderator on a couple of lists and am often up late when I have a project to finish. I sit and splat the spam posts and see the senders (there are often - apparently - a number of different ones at work) becoming more and more frustrated, and then I kick them off completely.

Reactions: EllieM and Antje77

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
I am owner or moderator on a couple of lists and am often up late when I have a project to finish. I sit and splat the spam posts and see the senders (there are often - apparently - a number of different ones at work) becoming more and more frustrated, and then I kick them off completely.
Splatting them is probably kinder than eating them, although the fritters do sound tasty :hungry:

• Agree