Gliclazide

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
I was put on Glicazide 80Mg half tablet twice daily, after reading the side affects of this tablet I saw that one of them is weight gain.
I went from 18 stone down to 16 stone, then after going on this tablet went up to 17 stone.
I have been eating carefully and no bad foods at all.
Would my nurse agree for me to come off this tablet, as my Bs is now in the single figures?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Re: Glicazide

suffolkboi61 said:
I was put on Glicazide 80Mg half tablet twice daily, after reading the side affects of this tablet I saw that one of them is weight gain.
I went from 18 stone down to 16 stone, then after going on this tablet went up to 17 stone.
I have been eating carefully and no bad foods at all.
Would my nurse agree for me to come off this tablet, as my Bs is now in the single figures?

What dosage of Glic are you on ? What you list is a very small dose.

When you say your Bg is in single figures what are we talking about, fasting, pre meals, 2 hrs after meals, bedtime.......we need to know those figures.

Your Nurse may agree you could come off them or reduce the dosage, however it may well be the Glic that is doing all the work ??

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww

Bs haven't been that bad, well not as bad as they used to be.

Thursday.
Awaken 7.2 +2hrs 9.3. Lunch 6.6 +2hrs 8.4. Dinner 7.4 +2hrs 8.1

Today
Awaken 7.1 +2hrs 6.1. Lunch 5.3 +2hrs 6.4.

The dose of Glic is 80Mg I take a half tablet twice a day.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.

Hi SB.
Having looked at the readings, particularly the fasting and some of the post meal ones they are not low by any means. I know they are an improvement but I would say too soon to come off anything yet.

At this stage I think it is a bit ambitious, but if you want it, go for it ! You can always go back if it goes wrong.

Personally fasting for me would be better at 4-5 and post meals less than 7 at all times. That was when I came off Meds.

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww

Hi cugila

Thanks for checking my readings, I was hoping to have gotten them down a tad more but hey I'm a patient man :(
So will stick to the Glic, dont want to tempt providence just yet.

cugila

Master
Dislikes

SB.
It's all going the right way........slowly, slowly catchee Monkey......... :D