HbA1c reading is....

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you.

Unfortunately, amidst the good news, I now have a doctors appointment due to a suspiciously high amount of albumin...something in my urine!...
Try not to worry unnecessarily before you see the doc Patrick and for now be proud of what you have achieved.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Try not to worry unnecessarily before you see the doc Patrick and for now be proud of what you have achieved.
Ah, being Autistic I worry about everything including why the results I have seen are indecipherable when placed against what the internet says they should look like...

Medicine is far too complicated for me lol.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so pleased for you @Patrick66 - you went through a lot of worry and hard work for this you fully deserve it! Well done you! :)

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I am so pleased for you @Patrick66 - you went through a lot of worry and hard work for this you fully deserve it! Well done you! :)
That's very kind of you to say so. Still some hard work ahead not least in the diet sense but there are signs of progress.

Reactions: lovinglife

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe that anything below 42 is considered to be "normal" so I would say that is probably the target, if one exists.

I suppose as low as possible would be the ideal but we all have to eat something and not everyone will cope or be as conscientious as the next person. I think the only advice I have ever been given, in terms of target, was to get below 7.0 on the old scale (whatever that is in mmol/ml) but I don't know if that was specifically aimed at me or just general guidance.

Sometimes we don't get very good advice when it comes to what we should be aiming for.

Thanks.

Patrick, the 7 is, if my memory serves me well enough, the cut of point for elective surgery, so the key for your op to go ahead.

You're on the home run for the op now, so just dig in for that and tick another success box. You've come a long way.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Patrick, the 7 is, if my memory serves me well enough, the cut of point for elective surgery, so the key for your op to go ahead.

You're on the home run for the op now, so just dig in for that and tick another success box. You've come a long way.
Thank you.

I just wish the professionals made things clearer about what’s good or not. We seem to do all the knowledge sharing.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great job you have done @Patrick66 You have overcome a shed load of obstacles and should be proud of yourself. The best of luck with your operation, and keep posting, try not to become complacent and keep testing!!

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great job you have done @Patrick66 You have overcome a shed load of obstacles and should be proud of yourself. The best of luck with your operation, and keep posting, try not to become complacent and keep testing!!
Sorry, I would have replied earlier but I was face down in a dozen tubs of chocolate Ice cream, a bucketful of new potatoes and twenty litres of full sugar coke!...

Me ? Complacent ? Never...:angelic::angelic:

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
From 78 on 06/12/18

Then 57 on 22/01/19

And now 41 on 21/03/19

I have to say I was almost disappointed lol as I had hoped for a figure in the 30s but understand that I had a few "naughtier" days in the three weeks leading up to the test and the latter counts more than former activity.

Nevertheless this is the lowest I have been ever and I am now operation ready for the 5th April!.

Hurrah!!.
Woo-hoo! Brilliant result - well done x x