Help - not sure if I double dosed

Possibility

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been taking 12u levimir morning and evening and bolus sliding scale humalog to control bgs . last night bg was 340 at 10pm so took 4u humalog thought I had not taken levimir so took it. Sugars dropped to 101 at 4.45am and got worried I would have hypo so took snack 7.21am up to 173 8.30am after a cuppa 257. What do you do if you do not know whether you have double dosed and you are supposed to take it twice a day. Hoping someone out there can lessen the confusion and isolation of being alone in my little house with my inadequacy.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
..ring your Dr or nurse for info on what to do, I would watch you BG and eat as needed, have glucose on hand, I wouldn't bolus with a meal till you see what is happening with your BG

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello.
Not helpful for today but for future u can buy pen lids which tell u how long it's been since you last took off the lid ie when u last used ur injection.
I think they're called Timesulin but someone else maybe able to advise one for ur specific insulin :)

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Novopen Echo does the same, and is a half unit pen if you want to try and get finer control.