Help

lahdida

Hey,My diabetes is crazy my levels can fly up and down,I was in hospital recently and they regulated it and think that its my anxiety that drives it up I live in fears of highs and lows and check my glucose up to 10 times a day.It seems the more I learn about diabetes the more anxious I get pleeease lend me some advice!

sugar

Hi there. The fact that you are testing so much, and are concerned about your health is a very good thing, and it will take you less time than most to get on top of this condidtion! The opposite side to this is to try and not let it control you...you control it! This is really easy to say, but I know it is sooo difficult to do. I am not sure how old you are, or if you drive, so thins might be a really bad *******ogy, but do you remember when you were learning to drive, and everytime you got in the car, you felt a little nervous, and went through teh motions religiously. Now, after driving for a while, everyting is automatic. Yes, it is still crusical that you mirror, signal, manouvre, your life still depends on it, but you are used to doing it, and it gets easier. I would love to tell you that in a few months it really is easy, but alas, our bodies often play evil tricks on us and don't do what we think they should, but you learn how to deal with it.
YOu are doing a great job...don't let any one tell you otherwise. AT this stage, you are testing lots, so you can report back to your Dr/nurse, who can advise you what to do. You will soon learn how to do this yourself, and begin to recognise "If I eat xxxx my blood sugar goes crazy" etc, but alas, experience is often the best teacher of this. If DAFNE courses are availibale in your area, that mmight be a good thing to try as well??