Help

LauraNoraLoo

So fed up with diabetes right now. im aware that there are worse things out there to have and im lucky that im alive and well, but i have something that affects my day to day life unlike my friends.

i just want to have time out from diabetes, i have cr*p control, no matter what i try i cant gain control, ive tried everything and im fed up.

Sorry for the moan and for the lack of details, im just fed up right now. Reading about people being upset because there HBA1C was 6.8 instead of 5.9 ... kinda hits home a little, with mine being 10.8 and i cant seem to shift it!

the majority of the time this forum is amazing, just other times it makes me realise how cr*p im doing

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Hi L
sorry to hear your down it can be quite challenging sometimes . I had my meds changed last week my levels were doing ok but i started getting hypo's and ended up in A+E i must say it really put me on a downer ,But threw help from other people i am slowly getting to understand that if you can be patient and not so hard on yourself it does eventualy settle down .Please never think your alone as for your friends not having diabetes ( i havent got any friends ) :lol: :lol: :lol:. . Don't let the problem work you ! you work the problem and take control ! i do find that diabetes has a way of throwing problems at me ,However i'm more embarassed about my lack of spelling due to the memory loss my meds giv :lol: :lol: :lol: e me .
I hope you can have a good laugh at me :lol: :lol: :lol: be happy and stick in there :D JF

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi LauraNoraLoo,

Sorry you're feeling so down. We all get like that sometimes. Tey to get a good night's sleep and start frsh tomorrow.

Smidge

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Laura - don't beat yourself up. I reckon most people who had type 1 diabetes as teenagers would admit to having HbA1c readings above 10.0 (I didn't get it until 30 years old), due to some rebellion and some problems caused by puberty / hormones getting themselves sorted. In other words, hormones make it tough getting good control as a teenager, no matter what you do. Most of former teenagers with diabetes turn out OK, although life as a young adult with diabetes is a bit more of a challenge than without :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Laura,

Your signature says that you are working on lowering your a1c, as copepod says we have all been there at some point and given time you will see the benefits of what you have learnt on the DAFNE course.

Nigel

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Don't feel bad as you certainly haven't lost the battle-you only lose when you stop trying!

chrissieworne

Laura, chin up mate, I know how you feel as I have battled with my HBAIC's and in particular the meds, having terrible side effects etc.

All you can do is take each day as it comes, I have learnt that even when I tried eating same meals 3-4 days on trot which I knew in past had been good for the BG the levels have varied hugely so I am sure stress, general ill helath and other things all have an effect.

I am currently testing 3-4 times a day as told to by DN but feel almost obssessive about the numbers and am terrified of having hypos....have had one while on this med and I felt scared but pulled myself together and dealt with it in time.

We would all change this complaint if we could but we're stuck with it and there are good and bad days.

People on here are soooooooo supportive and understanding and have put my mind at rest so many times, just ask questions and they will help if they can.

Sending hugs to you.

Chrissie. xx

LauraNoraLoo

i honestly feel like ive had everything thrown at me:
changing insulin, metaformin doses constantly
the idea of getting an insulin pump
carb counting
massive problems with lypohypertrophy
constant water infections from sugar in my wee

im annoyed at it - i know im moaning but argh its doing my head in!