Type 1 High blood sugars

Nanaclaire

Hi I wondered if anyone can advise me. I have been type 1 diabetic for over 25 years but recently have hit problems. I’ve always managed well , in September one of my insulin was changed from lantus to the new Tresiba . Started to have high blood sugars after my evening meal I’ve been increasing by insulins ever since to correct but nothing is working.this what I take
Humalog. Breakfast 24 u. BM. 8 9.

Humalog. Lunch. 24- 2. BM. 7.6
Humalog. Dinner 38 u. BM. 5-6

Tresiba. Bedtime. 70 u BM. 9:0. & rising

I’m at lose to no why my diet is good I don’t snack
I’m getting help Fromm the hospital diabetes team but I’m still rising & they see what is happening as I’m on the freestyle Libra
I can’t exercise like walking due back problem & knee problem which I’m waiting for a replacement
I am I being paranoid about the amount of insulin I take or is this Tresiba not working for me
Appreciate anyone’s input on this .
Regards Nanaclaire

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Nanaclaire msybe it is the way you have presented your doses but it looks as if the Humalog is a fixed dose. Do you eat the same amount of carbs for your meals every day with no snacking in between?
The reason I ask is if you do not carb count but your meals have changed, especially if they contain more carbs, this may explain your rise.
If you do carb count, with your knee problems and less exercise, it is also possible that your insulin to carb ratios have changed.
Whatever the reason, I would not fear needing more insulin - our needs are all different and we need as much as we need.

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM