High fat, low carb diet

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Top of the page next to where the little flag pops up for new posts, put the cursor over your name, go to signature :happy:

Miss Crump

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree with Andy just think if you hadn't asked anything here. If you want to stay low carb high fat check out the correct forum here. As l say lots of us use it as a life style. Weight loss should be gradual and balanced Vivs post is very helpful as a start point as is the carbs and cals book. I feel full the whole time have gone from 28% body fat to 19% l have lost just over half of that since late November.
I am doing exercise and my blood pressure has come down and l will see soon how my cholesterol is doing, but everyone else on LCHF says theirs has come down.
Whatever you end up eating go for a balanced food intake and do it for life, be careful doing just the same foods and if you decide you don't want to go full go low carb at least keep to lower carbs.
Ok. Thank you, Mud.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
click on your name up the top right corner and there is a drop down list, you are looking for your profile

oops sorry MID, watching tv :)

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
I am thinking that Andy and l could do a double act with Thommothebear, Mo and few others to sort of oversee us getting out of control.:happy::hilarious:

Reactions: 3 people

Miss Crump

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just found out that grapefruit juice isn't compatable with my blood pressure medicine (Cozaar) either. Wow!

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Lucky you came on here :)

Met a bunch of lunatics (harmless/friendly)
And saved your life

Best BOGOF of your life (buy one get one free)

Reactions: 2 people

Miss Crump

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lucky you came on here :)

Met a bunch of lunatics (harmless/friendly)
And saved your life

Best BOGOF of your life (buy one get one free)
No, not lunatics. Instant friends. Providence must have sent me here. Seriously. I'm one of those people who believes everything happens for a reason. You did save my life. Thanks for your help.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From experience (sadly) if you have experienced any unexplained bruising ( we are talking big bruises not little ones) muscle or joint pain, or pain in your lower back (kidneys), see a doctor as quick as you can and tell them about the grapefruit. i suffered this while on high dose simvastatin without the grapefruit and had to drop the dose then change to lipitor, but caught it early enough to avoid any lasting damage. If I hadn't know about the grapefruit it would have been much worse.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Miss Crump

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:)
From experience (sadly) if you have experienced any unexplained bruising ( we are talking big bruises not little ones) muscle or joint pain, or pain in your lower back (kidneys), see a doctor as quick as you can and tell them about the grapefruit. i suffered this while on high dose simvastatin without the grapefruit and had to drop the dose then change to lipitor, but caught it early enough to avoid any lasting damage. If I hadn't know about the grapefruit it would have been much worse.

Yes, it would have been. I have not had any muscle pain on the Lipitor. I wish I could get my cholesterol down enough to stop taking the statin medication. And it would be nice to be able to stop the Cozaar and Metformin too. Maybe if I lose some weight I could stop them.

A

AnnieC

Maybe it is different in the US but here in the UK I take statins and every packet I get on prescription states on it that no grapefruit products should be taken with them. I was told that if youhave any grapefruit juice or eat the fruit it reacts with the statins as though you have taken an overdose of them

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
are you saying satsumas cause a problem with medication ? I never knew that ,thanks

That is what I was told by the Doctor, I believe it is far less dangerous than it is with grapefruit though. I already knew about the Grapefruit but only found out about the oranges etc when I started to react badly to the simvastatin.