How does this look ?

Jakeinhd1995

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, me again...just wondering what people's thoughts are on the below? I'm In remission but as you can see I go above 7 quite a bit and then come back down.

Does this look normal?
Screenshot_20231205_232100.jpg

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does Libre or LibreView still have the graph showing your readings over the last 30 days with the variation?
This is the one I would look at as trends are far more important than a single day which doesn't allow for normal dietary, stress, activity,... that happens throughout your life.

Jakeinhd1995

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does Libre or LibreView still have the graph showing your readings over the last 30 days with the variation?
This is the one I would look at as trends are far more important than a single day which doesn't allow for normal dietary, stress, activity,... that happens throughout your life.
I have only had it on for 5 days! So don't have a lot of data.. I did have a lunch today which I used to have before...which was an oat bread cheese and onion sandwich with baked cheese and onion crisps..with a fulfill protein bar.

I had some surreal cereal this evening with some dark chocolate and low carb bread x3 slices. It seems like the bread although it is low carb kept me at 6 for like 3 hours which is high isn't it?

Jakeinhd1995

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have only had it on for 5 days! So don't have a lot of data.. I did have a lunch today which I used to have before...which was an oat bread cheese and onion sandwich with baked cheese and onion crisps..with a fulfill protein bar.

I had some surreal cereal this evening with some dark chocolate and low carb bread x3 slices. It seems like the bread although it is low carb kept me at 6 for like 3 hours which is high isn't it?
It is currently still sat at 6.3 even after like 3 hours now

Guilty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks great to me - my readings are slightly higher than yours on a typical day. And that's with me working really hard on my control.

A typical day for me below. And the average pattern. Last A1c was 36 (5.4%).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231206_080210.jpg
    Screenshot_20231206_080210.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20231206_080426.jpg
    Screenshot_20231206_080426.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 47

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have only had it on for 5 days! So don't have a lot of data..
I don't have Libre any more but I have just read through the manual as and see that the report I mentioned is called the "Ambulatory Glucose Profile (AGP) and is available for shorter periods - it is definitely available for 14 days and maybe 7.
I strongly recommend focusing on trends (as this report shows) that getting hung up on a individual meals or days.
These trends are what makes a CGM valuable. Otherwise, you may as well just prick your finger and save money (after the trial sensor).There are many things that can affect our blood sugars and unless you live in a sterile bubble eating exactly the same things, doing exactly the same activities, never drinking, never getting bored, having no stress, never getting ill... your BG will vary.

• Informative
Reactions: aylalake