Hypos

Euanshrt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Im Euan. Was diagnosed type 1 about 4 weeks ago. I guess everyone is different but Im curious to know if anyone experiences the early signs of a Hypo with tingling/tightness in the calf area.

MadCath

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I get hypo legs so I'd guess it's a similar thing:)

Mine tend to go wobbly and then I get a sort of cramp like thing going on but not exactly actual cramp. I also get very sharp vision when my blood sugar is dropping which I've never heard anyone else mention. Weird isn't it!

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Can't say I do @Euanshrt, but as long as you recognise it as one of your hypo symptoms that's the important thing, hypo symptoms can vary from person to person with some really unusual ones too.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, hypo symptoms seem to vary a lot between people. I've never had your warning sign. Mine tend to be feeling 'spaced out' and getting weak; perhaps sweating as well.

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I get hypo legs so I'd guess it's a similar thing:)

Mine tend to go wobbly and then I get a sort of cramp like thing going on but not exactly actual cramp. I also get very sharp vision when my blood sugar is dropping which I've never heard anyone else mention. Weird isn't it!
Thanks for saying this MadCath. I've had the same thing for a long time now and couldn't understand it. I know it might not be connected to my Diabetes but it's a thought to bear in mind. I'm just Googling about it now I've seen your post. I had Anaemia a few years ago and the doctor thought it was connected. Fingers crossed I don't have it now but occasionally get the restless legs.