I just had blood tests on my level is 47. Haven’t spoken to the doctor yet got my results of NHS app

DIDFUR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
I’ve just had blood test recently. I was asked to book a routine appointment with the doctor. I looked at my NHS app and saw the blood test results. Cholesterol was a little bit over what it should be, at the bottom of the test, that was my HC1a levels and it was 47. I’ve got a telephone appointment with my doctor in a weeks time. Since I’ve got my blood test results on Friday almost a week ago I’ve cut out sugar lowered my calories and carbs intake and started to walk more. Last Friday I was 16.11 st and today I’m 16.6st so hopefully join in the right direction. From what I’ve read 47 is right on the border of being diabetic any tips or help anyone could give im 48 years old? Male

• Agree
Reactions: jjraak and filly

stevecleary

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you have any previous comparisons? As you say, it's borderline, but can also be affected by other factors such as if you are unwell or taking other medicines, like steroids. My tip would be to wait and see what the doctor says.

Reactions: jjraak and DIDFUR

DIDFUR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have any previous comparisons? As you say, it's borderline, but can also be affected by other factors such as if you are unwell or taking other medicines, like steroids. My tip would be to wait and see what the doctor says.
Hi there, I am on 3 different steroids for psoriasis that’s all over my body. I came off 2 of them a few weeks ago.

• Informative
Reactions: jjraak and filly

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Hi there, I am on 3 different steroids for psoriasis that’s all over my body. I came off 2 of them a few weeks ago.
Hi, is that steroids as in tablets or topical as in Ointment and creams. Thanks

DIDFUR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, is that steroids as in tablets or topical as in Ointment and creams. Thanks

Topical/ointment I’ve stop them altogether and since cutting out sugar my psoriasis has cleared up quite a bit. I’ve still got a bit but not as bad. Do you know if topical/ointment affects your blood sugar levels more than tablets or less. Or not at all??

• Informative
Reactions: jjraak

JaxRak99

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
No, the doctor doesn't want another blood test for a year but I'm gonna get some done privately in a few months. In the last 11 weeks I've lost almost two stone and feel great.
So, you think you have diabetes or not?

• Friendly
Reactions: jjraak