Insight pump sets etc

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The new insight pump is initially only having the flexilink plus sets with it apparently.. Stainless steel ones not available until February. Apparently they have resolved the problems with these sets???????

Also the prefilled cartridges are available and 1.6ml size, compared to the old 3ml size.

I am getting a script sent to me by my DSN to get 1 box of 5 cartridges ahead of time to get them ordered at the pharmacy. As they will not be a stocked item. Then I will get a letter for 2 boxes to be suplied by the GP from the hospital and I will have to negotiate with the Gp.

Getting mine on the 8th Dec and a 2 hour training session.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
This is the pump I'm waiting for I had so much trouble with the combo loading the syringe as I couldn't see the digits and any air bubbles, but is this a smaller pre-filled @ 1.6ml if so I'm disappointed as a 3ml normally lasts 4-5 days for me. Good luck with your training session if you've already been pumping your find it ok :)

iHs

You should have used the IHs way to fill the Combo cartridges.....get the bubble out before loading the csrtridge in the pump ....works a dream

iHs

DD what will happen now for you with the Rapid Ds....can you still use them with the Insight and remove the black adaptor?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
No... Totally different tubing etc....

The tubing for steel and plastic will fit both with insight pump. Small cartridge will take getting used to. I prime 21 units down the 100cm tube...!! With bubbles currently sometimes have to prime twice!!

iHs

Remember the pump is smaller so you may be ok with pump in a pocket with hole made in the corner to feed tube through to the set and get away
with shorter tube or just put pump in top part of yr knickers and get lycra ones.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Gonna have to wear a bra until 100cm available!!! Uggghhhh!!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Leave roaming on bed too!! Ugghh!!! But hopefully only a few months.

The self inserter again makes me feel like **** as I love the rapid d's cos I know they are in the right place and no muscle or blood when I put them in hey ho!!!!never mind.. Will love the 15 min basal rate fine tuning...

iHs

Get some thin neoprene and make a small wallet. Put the pump in the centre part of a lycra t shirt type bra. My Vibe is in a neoprene 99p netbook wallet cut up and stitched to suit the pump and a window cut to see the display and small holes at the side to touch the buttons. Neoprene doesnt fray

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Get some thin neoprene and make a small wallet. Put the pump in the centre part of a lycra t shirt type bra. My Vibe is in a neoprene 99p netbook wallet cut up and stitched to suit the pump and a window cut to see the display and small holes at the side to touch the buttons. Neoprene doesnt fray
Omg!!! Don't they only do push up bra's in AA's????

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hey the pump will still be bigger than my bust!!!xxx

anniehi41

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Pump
You should have used the IHs way to fill the Combo cartridges.....get the bubble out before loading the csrtridge in the pump ....works a dream

iHs would you please tell me your method of getting air bubbles out of the Vibe pump? My BG's are erratic and I suspect it maybe absorption problems but want to make sure its not air bubbles. The Animas helpline say you only need to empty the air in the cartridge when its a new vial of insulin and every other time just fill the cartridge, also they suggest filling the cartridge and leaving it for fifteen mins. I never see any air bubbles come down the tubing but when I change my set the insulin thats left in the cartridge is full of bubbles and they certainly weren't there when I filled it! I make sure the insulin is room temperature and that everything is tight. Help appreciated.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
You can get the Geniie type lycra stretch bras in very small sizes......8 to 10
**** went to M&S 6 months ago and bought 6.. All push ups!! Spent a fortune!! As they the only ones that don't start at size b's!!!

Hey ho, more money!! But what the heck!!!

iHs

iHs would you please tell me your method of getting air bubbles out of the Vibe pump? My BG's are erratic and I suspect it maybe absorption problems but want to make sure its not air bubbles. The Animas helpline say you only need to empty the air in the cartridge when its a new vial of insulin and every other time just fill the cartridge, also they suggest filling the cartridge and leaving it for fifteen mins. I never see any air bubbles come down the tubing but when I change my set the insulin thats left in the cartridge is full of bubbles and they certainly weren't there when I filled it! I make sure the insulin is room temperature and that everything is tight. Help appreciated.

Sorry but not sure if I understand what Animas have told you so have sent you a PM