Just wanted to share

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
After a few weeks of feeling a bit low, struggling with Low carb etc - frustrated that it takes a while to show if you are getting it right and following annual check up with doctor.
Doctor recommended that I have a home blood pressure monitor as not happy with readings - went yesterday where I had to have an ECG prior to being given a blood pressure monitor and instructed on how to use it, then given a sample bottle as well.
I was meant to phone my doctors to get my results from ECG at 4pm today - well the surgery phoned me late this morning to inform me that my ECG was 'very satisfactory' also I did my first home blood pressure readings and they were also in the good range - it did help me to feel a little better about how I'm doing - it was a little less negative feedback which I feel is all I get from my doctor and my diabetic nurse - they do not agree on my testing - they do not agree on my low carbing - they are not happy with my lack of fast weight loss ( I have still lost weight but I am happy to go at a slow consistent pace rather than the fast pace they want) - yes I am sure they have my best interests at heart but their way helped me put on weight throughout my adult life and having finally got something to work for me I want to stay with it but feel like I am battling against them.

Another three days of blood pressure testing and then return the monitor and a urine sample to the surgery where they will look at the readings and decide if I need medication........

It certainly feels like an up hill battle at times and I do try to take my small positives as a sign of success - the blood glucose is coming down albeit very slowly and now the ECG is very satisfactory - here's hoping the blood pressure monitor results are also good and that I can put all the stress and worry of this behind me and just maybe the doc will stop telling me every time I see him how likely I am to have a heart attack.

Sorry a bit of a moaning blog - helps sometimes to get it out there..........

Thank you for being there it does mean an awful lot.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You sound a lot more cheerful. I am glad things are going well. It does get easier.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@srobertson06 - Hi. :) I go to the Hospital Diabetic Clinic for my review because I use Insulin and they are pleased that I take full control - increase/decrease the Insulin as and when. And they tell me more people should take control of their Diabetes rather than leave it to GP's and Nurse's telling them what to do. = Well Done to you. :) And anytime you feel like you want to ' have a moan' = do it! That's what this forum is for: Good and Bad times with Diabetes.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
it was a little less negative feedback which I feel is all I get from my doctor and my diabetic nurse - they do not agree on my testing - they do not agree on my low carbing - they are not happy with my lack of fast weight loss ( I have still lost weight but I am happy to go at a slow consistent pace rather than the fast pace they want) - yes I am sure they have my best interests at heart but their way helped me put on weight throughout my adult life and having finally got something to work for me I want to stay with it but feel like I am battling against them.
Don't worry about the moaning too many of us have experienced unhelpful HCP's. If they are negative about you testing ask them what they would do if diagnosed with Type 2 ? Test or wait for their HCP's to give forth every 6 months.. I think I can guess their answers...

Reactions: 2 people