Lantus Shortage??

Irene56

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am having extreme difficulty getting lantus insulin , trying for 2 weeks now but I cannot find any information on such a shortage - does anyone know what is going on - beginning to panic, my stock is running out!!!!!

• Hug
Reactions: plantae

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can't help @Irene56 sorry, but hope someone else can. Have you tried ringing all the chemists in your area? If so, I'd ring your gp and ask for an alternative insulin prescription to tide you over.

Edited to add welcome to the forum.

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am having extreme difficulty getting lantus insulin , trying for 2 weeks now but I cannot find any information on such a shortage - does anyone know what is going on - beginning to panic, my stock is running out!!!!!
Hi Irene, welcome.
I don't use Lantus regularly as I have a pump, but did order some disposable pens (solostar) last week and had no problems getting them. Are you in the UK?

plantae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just got 25 pens of lantus, but I'm in Australia. Where are you located?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I live in the UK & recently got a script for Lantus cartridges (reusable pen.) two days ago with no issue or hold up with the repeat request.

Are you certain it’s not just a localised logistical or stock order management issue with your particular chemist?

Crae85

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
My husband takes solostar Lantus and have been waiting over a week for his prescription to be filled. So I starting to wonder myself if there was a shortage or it’s just our chemist that is the issue

tibwatoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I live in the UK & recently got a script for Lantus cartridges (reusable pen.) two days ago with no issue or hold up with the repeat request.

Are you certain it’s not just a localised logistical or stock order management issue with your particular chemist?
Hi im in America I was told recently that my shipment of lantus from the company that makes it won't be coming due to a shortage and it will be sent as soon as possible

VMH123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am having the same problem. What are we supposed to do once our own supplies run out?

• Hug

rkangel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I posted about a similar issue a week or so ago. Following advice from here I called different pharmacies in the area to check if they had Lantus stocks and called my pharmacy daily to ask if they knew anything about Lantus shortage. While never receiving any clear explanations on why my prescriptions were taking so long I finally obtained 10 vials of Lantus this week. It appears making a fuss works.