levemir

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
I was hoping someone can advise me.I only just gone on to levemir twice a day besides my novorapid so its five injections a day now instead of four.I used to be on lantus but with this levemir i was told to take approx at 9am and 9pm.The only thing is i keep forgetting my morning one because i have my novo at approx 7.30am and sometimes ive gone out in morning and forgot the levemir!!!!i have to leave notes everywhere to remind me.I never forgot ever any of my novorapid injections or my nighttime levemir its just the morning one.do you think it would be better if i did them both at the same time but then i would probably forget my evening one. :? :?

iHs

Hi

I always do my levemir jab about 7.30am about the same time as the bolus. My evening levemir is done about 10pm before going to bed. That way I don't forget.

All I have done is inject slightly more levemir in the morning cos it has to cover more than 12hrs. You might find depending on the amount you are using, that your insulin to carb ratio (if you use one) will change a bit. Levemir is slightly slower in its action than Lantus.

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
Thanks ihs do you think it would be ok for me to do this as well i take 6 units levemir am and 8 units pm.So i may start doing levemir at the same time in morning as my bolus and about 9pm at night.

iHs

Hi, yes I don't see any reason why not. If you leave the eve levemir till you go to bed, I would think that you will probably be ok to use slightly less than 8 units depending on what yr bg is (do bg test again about 3am to see how you go? ) You might have to increase yr eve meal bolus though as you won't be using the basal until bed.

Its up to you to decide whether to eat a small carb snack before going to bed. If the eve meal bolus has sent you a bit low, then you will need to eat.

SWMHO1

I find by setting the alarm on my mobile phone for 9:00am and 9:00pm I am usually either in the office or at home and have the time to inject my Levimir. The Novorapid shot I always take as I'm eating.
Takes a little time to get used to the routine, but after that it's like autopilot, with the phone for backup !!