Loosing a bluetooth conection

Vesna Nenadic

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Pump
My daughter is on Ypsopump and from recently the pump is not connecting to the mobile phone application, anyone had such a problem? It keeps saying that the pump is connecting but nothing happens. We've tried to switch the bluetooth of and on couple of times, it doesn't help. Help!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
My daughter is on Ypsopump and from recently the pump is not connecting to the mobile phone application, anyone had such a problem? It keeps saying that the pump is connecting but nothing happens. We've tried to switch the bluetooth of and on couple of times, it doesn't help. Help!

Hello Vesna, welcome to the forum.

I can't help specifically with your issue but the best starting point is with the customer service team at Ypsopump as they can run through the set up with you.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is a bit of a long shot but I wonder if your daughter has paired any additional devices to her phone.
I find there may be a limit to how many devices that can be paired. It is not necessarily a fixed number but more that the strength of the Bluetooth signal becomes weaker or intermittent.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I know nothing about the pump. But is this issue happening around the home? Are there any Apple devices present?
Going somewhere with this. I have an iPad mini 6. (The only Apple I own.) it consistently messes with the Bluetooth bridge sending from the sensor to my stand alone watch.when using it. sensor Libre 2 BT straight to android phone is OK.
Put it in airplane mode or switch off BT. Seems OK.

I would be looking for any interference on the “bandwidth.?”

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Unless you have a really old phone its unlikely the number of BT connections or disturbance. In the past 5-6 years the number of BT connections is around 20+ and BT channel hops so interference is unlikely. Its more likely the phone has run out of memory or is very busy (games, messaging, calls) - in both cases the phone starts reducing peripheral activities to have enough to run messages and calls and BT gets affected. You need plenty of spare memory and to switch off unused games that have been left open in the background also clear down storage (videos/photo's).

I was a programme mgr for Motorola for 20 yrs on mobile communications so understand BT operation. Sadly BT connection issues to these Ypso pumps is not uncommon.

Reactions: Jaylee

baroque541

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had problems with Ypsopump. My phone is about a year old, Samsung S20, no other problems with Bluetooth, fine for phoning and playing podcasts in the car. The Aveo meter stopped communicating with the app just after I updated the app in March. A long (and helpful) talk with Ypsomed customer service ended with them deciding the meter was faulty and sending me a new one. It wasn't that, the new meter was exactly the same. Now the app often tells me it can't communicate with the Ypsopump, and often needs to be tried 3-4 times before it will. It also tells me that I already have a bolus running when I don't, I try again and that message goes.

My conclusion is that the update to the MyLife app was faulty and caused these problems. I now have to test on the meter, and then type the results in to the app, with the problems occurring as described above. This is as time-consuming as it used to be when working out my own dose using a pen for basal/bolus before I got a pump. I may ask for a different meter to try with the pump and app, but I am getting fed up with this.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Da ich auch eine ypsopump habe kann ich dies gut nachvollziehen. Der Kundendienst sagte schlechtes Handy mit schlechten Bluetooth Empfang. Heute habe ich versucht, nachdem die camaps App wieder nicht auf die YpsoPump zugreifen wollte, in der Pumpe die Bluetooth Funktion (ein Bluetooth Zeichen) deaktiviert und dann aktiviert und siehe da konnte nun endlich wieder auf die Pumpe zugreifen und einen Bolus abgeben. Leider gibt's wohl keine andere Lösung, aber es geht so. Das Problem lag nicht am Handy sondern an der ypsopump.