Low GI large cob , at LIDL

Squeekyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
TV: don't watch TV, find most programs boring.Don't have a telly now but do watch videos now & then on a monitor.
Hi, to all you guys who are in search of a good butty. Can you advice me please, to whether a Low GI Cob is OK or not for Low Carb eating, any idea what the carbs are in it per 100 grams?:hungry::D
Regards
Squeekyboy

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
According to some info I was sent by Lidl a while ago

5300877 Low GI Bread
Ingredients

Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Water, Seeds (Sunflower Seeds (8%), Linseed (4%) Pumpkin Seeds 2%), Wheat Gluten, Rye Flour, Yeast, Oats, Wheat Bran, Sugar, Burnt Sugar, Salt, Emulsifiers (Mono- and Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Soya Lecithin), Wheat Malt Flour, Whey Powder (From Milk), Dextrose, Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid), Raising Agent (Disodium Diphospate).

Nutritional Information

Typical Values per 100g

Energy 1206kcal/287kJ

Fat 8.5g

Of which saturates 1.03g

Carbohydrate 36g

Of which sugars 3.8g

Fibre 6.9g

Protein 13.2g

Salt 0.9g

If thats the right one..

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
If it's the Low GI Multiseed Cob, it's 30g Carbs in 100g
Couldn't find any info on the usual nutrition pages .. (plenty of info for bread but not the "cob") but found this website ..
www.kaloricketabulky.cz/low-gi-multiseed-cob-lidl/
And then translated with my friend Google .. Sacharidy = carbohydrates

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @Squeekyboy ..
I would suggest that following either @bulkbiker 's figures or mine .. this is not particularly good for low carbing

Reactions: dbr10

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The best ones to go for are the high protein rolls at Lidl since they have significantly lower carbs. IMHO they are best eaten warm.

Reactions: dbr10

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I started a thread about the Lidl Low GI rolls some time ago. They are about 39g carbs per roll.

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
I think you mean 9 g carbs

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
That list of ingredients sounds like a horror show to me. If you can't pronounce it you might want to think twice before eating it.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That list of ingredients sounds like a horror show to me. If you can't pronounce it you might want to think twice before eating it.
For completeness here is the high protein roll list

124342 High Protein Roll

Ingredients

Water, 17 % Linseed, Wheat Protein, Soy Flour, Whole Wheat Flour , 4 % Sesame, Soybean Meal, 3 % Sunflower seeds, Wheat Bran, Yeast , Oat Fiber, Salt, Coloring Spice Extracts (Curcuma), Thickener: Guar Gum.

Nutritional Information

Typical Values per 100g

Energy 289kcal/1203kJ

Fat 13.8g

Of which saturates 1.8g

Carbohydrate 9.8g

Of which sugars 1.2g

Fibre 12.3g

Protein 25.0g

Salt 1.03g

Allergens

For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see highlighted ingredients. May contain traces of Milk, Egg, Shell Fruits and Celery.

Useful Information

Suitable for vegetarians. No alcohol derivatives.

Reactions: Ultramum

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If anyone wants any more Lidl bakery product info I have the whole list but can't seem to upload it here..I did try.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks.. I'm obviously not as technically competent as I thought!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Those Lidl high protein rolls were a game changer for me. Without them I think I might have gone back on the insulin long ago.
As you say, there is nothing in a bakery section that is suitable for someone living a low carb lifestyle but if you crave bread type products and don't like the idea of the high protein rolls then the www.dietdoctor.com website has a few nice 'bread' type recipes. Watch the psyllium husk in some of the recipes though.

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lidl protein rolls saved me, they really did.... Giving up spuds was tough too, cauliflower came to the rescue though...

Amazing how taste changes, I have no desire for wholemeal bread or potato any more.

Reactions: Ultramum