Magnesium

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I keep my AF in check with magnesium but why are all magnesium tablets the size of a baby elephant? Anybody know a make with normal sized magnesium tablets? Please share it with me!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In my days of experimentation I bought Magnesium and Magnesium+Zinc, both from Holland and Barratt. The Magnesium and Zinc are less than half the size of the Magnesium only.

Nutritional information

Baby Elephant 150mg Magnesium per tablet.

+Zinc per two tablets =266mg Magnesium and 10mg Zinc.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: 2 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I discovered that some (2 different brands, but sorry don't remember which ones) are soft enough to be bitten in half.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was looking for magnesium a while back, I looked at all the different types and went for chelated. Can't remember the details, but it was to do with absorbability, I think.

So worth checking which type of magnesium is in the tablets.

@Totto your Holland and Barratt link goes to a version with Magnesium oxide in it - you may want to check that is the variety you want.

Guessing here, but it is possible that the size of the tablets is dictated by the variety of magnesium in them... maybe.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, it's tricky but if I can't swallow the tablets it's of no importance whatsoever what kind of magnesium they contain though. The ones I'm struggling with atm are 23x8x7 millimetres and I need several per day. Magnesium citrate from Solgar.

I have tried magnesium oil (on skin) and it works but is a bit messy.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, it's tricky but if I can't swallow the tablets it's of no importance whatsoever what kind of magnesium they contain though. The ones I'm struggling with atm are 23x8x7 millimetres and I need several per day. Magnesium citrate from Solgar.

I have tried magnesium oil (on skin) and it works but is a bit messy.
I also take Solgar Magnesium Citrate - I find them difficult to swallow, but easy enough to chew.