My first half marathon!

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the help in threads related, manage to go round without too much bigger and my libre is still more or less attached!

If anyone looking to do one I'd definitely recommend it, just make sure you take sugar. I had an energy gel and 4 bottles of lucozade on the way around and finished on a blood sugar level of 4.7!

5U3C8P8.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the help in threads related, manage to go round without too much bigger and my libre is still more or less attached!

If anyone looking to do one I'd definitely recommend it, just make sure you take sugar. I had an energy gel and 4 bottles of lucozade on the way around and finished on a blood sugar level of 4.7!

5U3C8P8.jpg
Congratulations! Well done

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Great achievement, well done you :)

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you everyone. Feels great, before I was diabetic I couldn't even run for 10 minutes !

Reactions: 5 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you. Feels great, before I was diabetic I couldn't even run for 10 minutes !
It is motivating isn't it. I'm more active than I used to be but nowhere near to 21km run! Really impressive achievement especially that is not easy to keep bg at the right level with so much cardio excercise

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is motivating isn't it. I'm more active than I used to be but nowhere near to 21km run! Really impressive achievement especially that is not easy to keep bg at the right level with so much cardio excercise
Yeah I'm made up now. Even though my legs don't I'm already looking forward to the next one. I have to say aswell that the freestyle libre helps so so much, just makes everything that little easier.

I did only take two packs of dextrose aswell which wasn't the best idea....lucky they were handing out lucozade haha

Reactions: 2 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Fabulous, very inspiring, love to read posts like this, reminds me I have 2 legs which are seriously in need of exercise !

Reactions: 3 people

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you!

It feels good juicyj! It can be a hinderance sometimes but feels just that little bit better when you manage to complete something which at first seems daunting