my grandmas freestyle optium neo isn’t turning on

jujuba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hey there, my grandma have a optium neo for 8 months now, and suddenly (i tested w/ new batteries and w/ old ones) it doesn’t work.

two arrows (like the high and low glucose level ones) pops up and nothing happens after that. she’s not considering buying another one unless it’s really necessary because this dispositive is very expensive in our country.

any help? :/

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: Lainie71

ATB123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
hey there, my grandma have a optium neo for 8 months now, and suddenly (i tested w/ new batteries and w/ old ones) it doesn’t work.

two arrows (like the high and low glucose level ones) pops up and nothing happens after that. she’s not considering buying another one unless it’s really necessary because this dispositive is very expensive in our country.

any help? :/
You could try ringing the manufacturer. I had a Gluco Navii that stopped working, rang them and they sent out a new one free of charge. I think they make their money on the strips rather than the meters

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I recently had an issue with my Freestyle Neo not turning on. The reason was obvious- it’s not waterproof.
I called Abbott and they agreed/offered to send a replacement. They are also sending packaging to return my old meter.

The only downside is that my call was 10 days again and I have not received the replacement. But I would not let that put you off calling them.