Newbie on posting though I've been "lurking" for a while

jax3313

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I'm type 2 diabetic and have had bad control for several years.

I'm 58 and both my mother and grandmother were diagnosed "age onset" diabetes. Stress seems to be a trigger, my job was very stressful, I have now resigned and am a stay at home mother to 3 deerhounds and two cats (the two legged ones have moved on to their own houses) my husband has cancer and now for the the third time in three years has more treatment to look forward to.:(

I'm looking forward so much to taking a more active part and hopefully sort my diabetes out for good!

Thanks for all the help I've gleaned already through my lurking :)

Jacqui

Reactions: 2 people

Jill the tt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
unkindness
hi, i wish you well, lurking can be fun, hope you get what you need here

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your husband. You have enough to cope with without diabetes, but thank goodness you found this forum so people can help you.

The bad control is probably down to bad diet. What is a typical day's food for you? What are your latest readings? Do you have your own meter?

Reactions: 4 people

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Jaqui, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your husband I hope his treatment goes well.

Glad you plucked up the courage to join the Forum. I lurked for about a month before I joined, but it was the best thing I have done. You will get lots of help and support, everyone is very friendly and it's nice to hear that you are so positive about getting your diabetes sorted out, you really need to look after yourself.

You have obviously picked up some information which you have already found useful, if you have any questions please ask.

Best wishes,

Marilyn

jax3313

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your husband. You have enough to cope with without diabetes, but thank goodness you found this forum so people can help you.

The bad control is probably down to bad diet. What is a typical day's food for you? What are your latest readings? Do you have your own meter?

Thanks to every one for the welcome and for the advice bluetit 1802. Diet is normally quite good , just have to stop myself eating too much fruit :)

Exercise can be difficult as I have a chronic back and neck problems I'll go into that later on another topic.

I have my own meter and am using it on the new testing programme and I think I am finally seeing results.

Looking forward to talking to you all again.