Newly diagnosed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed this week. My blood sugars are very low and I have inflammation. Got more blood tests this week. Not seen the diabetes nurse yet, doctor told me to eat low carb diet. I'm a bit confused as to what it all means

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is loads on the forum about LCHF and a site called diet doctor is helpful. I expect daisy1 will be in touch. The forum is a lifeline for we newbies. So bread all about it and ask questions we all need support.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed this week. My blood sugars are very low and I have inflammation. Got more blood tests this week. Not seen the diabetes nurse yet, doctor told me to eat low carb diet. I'm a bit confused as to what it all means

Were you newly diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic? Because very low blood sugar is not something you would expect to find in an undiagnosed diabetic. Did you mean very high? Or if you aren't sure, would you be able to share the numbers so that people can help explain?

It would help to clarify so that people can try to give you tips that are applicable to your situation.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The doctor definitely said low blood sugar and she talked about type 2 diabetes. I have an appointment at the diabetic clinic a week on Monday bit confused myself she didn't give me any numbers she said the nurse would discuss at the clinic

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Well either you have a daft doctor or in your confusion you may have misheard her. Usually type 2's have high blood levels, I'm sure you will find out soon. You can always ring reception to ask what your numbers are, then come back and we can translate them for you.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The doctor definitely said low blood sugar and she talked about type 2 diabetes. I have an appointment at the diabetic clinic a week on Monday bit confused myself she didn't give me any numbers she said the nurse would discuss at the clinic

Ok. Yes, it does sound a little confusing as diabetes is, by definition, when your blood sugar goes too high.

Perhaps she was saying your blood sugar was erratic and went both high and then lower than normal.

When you go to the clinic, I strongly suggest taking pen and paper so you can write down any figures or info you're given.