Newly diagnosed

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m 62 and was first diagnosed as T2 in Jan 2019. I lost weight rapidly and one Diabetes Nurse (not my own) suggested I might not be T2. A GAD test returned 371 units and I was referred to Diabetes Centre who still even now define me as “probably LADA”. I’ve managed my diabetes with diet, medications, and exercise (I walk 5 miles a day) and was able to put off insulin for over 3 years. My lantus injections have slowly increased to twice a day (16 units overall now) and I recognise that I’m on a slow road to T1, but I try to go with the glucose numbers and react accordingly. It can be a bit difficult and anxiety-inducing at times, but I think I’m in charge of my glucose levels most of the time.
Hi DCop

I am in a similar position to yourself. I would agree it can be difficult and challenging. It takes time adjust and get used to. Well done on being in charge of your glucose levels most of the time. I was diagnosed as LADA about 10 years ago and every so often I question whether I am in charge or the diabetes is

Reactions: DCop