No insulin this pregnancy!

Dipsy

I just wanted to let people know that I had my baby girl 5th December, and this time I didn't need insulin. Last pregnancy I needed insulin for the last few months. This was basically down to the advice I found here, pretty much the opposite of the dietician! :lol:

What I found helpful:
Test first thing in the morning before doing anything else, rather than after running round after the kids for an hour!
The Little Collins carb counting book, aiming to eat no more than 30g carbs per meal and 15g for snacks.
Lots of omlettes and salads instead of sandwiches, and lots of cauliflour to substitute for pasta/spuds etc in main meals.

What I did find was that a low carb diet really doesn't mix well with iron tablets. :? :roll:

So a big thank you to all the experts here!
If anyone new with GD wants to chat about it, do PM me! (I'm no expert, but this was my 7th baby, and 3rd pregnancy with GD.)
4171975697_b3d46025d0_m.jpg

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Lovely baby, what's her name?
I', not surprised you can burn off your food with 7 of them.
Happy christmas to all of you
Hana

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Congratulations Dipsy and welcome to the world Chloe Olivia, shes gorgeous. Gosh but Santas going to be busy in your house this year.
Suzi x

HI

I am on my 2nd pregnancy (very early on), since 2008 it has been decided by the NHS that metaformin is safe through pregnancy. My first pregnancy I had insulin from week 11. By the way I have been Type 2 Diet only for 15 years.

So reading your blog below , I have just been to see the dietician at hospital that has urged me to eat rice , potatoes or bread at every meal. Which i dont generally do even when im not pregnant.

I have just ordered a collins gem carb counter and try what you have pointed out

Regards