No longer T2

dingdong

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After a week in hospital on a drip it was discovered my bile duct was blocked. Obstruction removed and all T2 symptoms gone.
Apparently due to the bile duct and pancreas being connected.
I have to say that it was only down to extensive blood tests and scans that a diligent consultant finally diagnosed the problem.
Clearly I am over the moon but tinged with a little regret that it took a week in hospital to get the facts.
I know this will not be the case for many diabetics, but those with other health issues may consider it relevant.

Reactions: 14 people

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Thats great news for you dingdong, Im pleased its worked out for you.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is great, at least it was finally discovered, better late than never.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful news, congratulations for getting sorted out.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
After a week in hospital on a drip it was discovered my bile duct was blocked. Obstruction removed and all T2 symptoms gone.
Apparently due to the bile duct and pancreas being connected.
I have to say that it was only down to extensive blood tests and scans that a diligent consultant finally diagnosed the problem.
Clearly I am over the moon but tinged with a little regret that it took a week in hospital to get the facts.
I know this will not be the case for many diabetics, but those with other health issues may consider it relevant.
Congrats. I'm a little confused though. You say all T2 symptoms are gone, but does that mean your BG is normal too? If you are no longer a T2 diabetic, then a misdiagnosis has impacted you for nearly 4 years? That's a tragedy. Still, glad things are better now of course.

dingdong

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes BG is normal too.
T2 has always been the least of my problems but of course I am over the moon to have one less thing to deal with.
Thank you all for your well wishes.
I wish all of you the very best and many thanks for the great advice and support this site offers.
I fear it will be more needed given the news that T2 accounts for 10% of the NHS budget and the future of the NHS.
God bless us all x

Jo123

Great news, pleased for you!
What's first on the menu, in your position I would like a nice chip shop chip sandwich, mmm ....