Nova Rapid V Fiasp

Steve 007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have recently switched to Fiasp, to remove the pre 15min need to jab before meal. Have stayed on the 1 to 10carb ratio but since moving the sugars have been high to very high - over last 14 days in range is 44% with 56% above. Nothing really has changed with carb counting and meals/snacks (maybe an odd beer or two more occasionally) so just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar - seems Fiasp is weaker? than Nova Rapid?
Thanks
Steve

Ruthie17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Phew, good to hear I’m not the only one! I am having exactly the same difficulty - nothing but the insulin has changed but all readings are significantly higher all the time. I’ve had type 1 for 42 years and they’ve never been this high. Changed from Humalog 2 weeks ago.

I’m not sure how to manage it myself - increase ratios or increase Levemir so was looking for some answers, too. I think I’ll try and contact the diabetes nurse … but I’d love to know what others are doing.

Ruthie17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After trying different ratios found the after meal spike disappeared but then after 90 mins bad hypos. Spoke to diabetes nurse and am going to try Lyumjef insulin which is in the Humalog family but quicker acting.

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's been a long time since I used NovoRapid so I can't really compare very well. But I will say that Fiasp seems to become a lot less effective with higher blood sugars. When between 4 - 9 it works quickly and predictable. Anything above 13 I will need considerably more. Like 100% above my normal correction factor to fix a stubborn high.