Off to cook cauli rice for the first time!

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Hia -very excited about trying cauli rice for the first time tonight. Made a lovey beef curry to go with it. I'm going to stir fry with some additional spices. Hope I like it!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Go for it I find you dont need as much as rice .I have cauli withe bolognese sauce (cauli boli) :lol:
CAROL

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My husbands verdict - brill! We both loved it. I fried it for about 5/6 mins in a bit of olive oil and added ground cumin, curry powder, salt and pepper and I chucked in a handful of chopped nuts. Absolutely yummy. With spag bog - mmmmm. I could add some fresh basil and oregano then. #cauliheaven

H

Hooked

Riri said:
My husbands verdict - brill! We both loved it. I fried it for about 5/6 mins in a bit of olive oil and added ground cumin, curry powder, salt and pepper and I chucked in a handful of chopped nuts. Absolutely yummy. With spag bog - mmmmm. I could add some fresh basil and oregano then. #cauliheaven

Did you just grate it then cook as described? If like to try this too.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yes - just grated a whole head of raw cauli. I'd happened to have bought an orange one (!) from morrissions to try but apart from the colour I don't think there's any difference in taste to the normal white caulis. Really good Hooked :thumbup:

H

Hooked

Riri said:
Yes - just grated a whole head of raw cauli. I'd happened to have bought an orange one (!) from morrissions to try but apart from the colour I don't think there's any difference in taste to the normal white caulis. Really good Hooked :thumbup:

Brilliant. I'm definitely going to try this soon. Thanks. :D

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
Just tried cauli rice it was fab had it with a veg curry (weigh watchers recipe) will be cooking both of them again

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App