Omnipod and roller coasters

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello

I am recently on the omnipod. I have been told that the pods don't like some rides because of them being magnetic. We are booked to go to Alton towers on Wednesday and I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of the pods and rides? My advice from the dsn is that if I go on to keep a very close eye on my sugars. And to only do on if I am due a pod change. Now, if all goes to plan my pod is due to be changed Wednesday tea time, so if anything does go wrong with it I'm not wasting anything.

I mean, if things mess up and j don't get to go on the rides it's not the end of the world, was just curious. We have to love too!!

Just wondering if anyone has experience of this? We are hoping to go to Disney again in a couple of years, pregnancy dependent so it would be useful to know what happens?

Anyone know anything about this?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No experience to offer @Sarahkylie88, but why don't you ring Ypsomed up and they will give you a definite answer as to which rides effect the pods, their telephone number is on the back of the PDM.

Hope you have a great day out and the queues are not too long.

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @noblehead. I'm not going to have any answers as our travel plans have changed due to the boat we have to get being out of action! **** living in an island! Hahaha will hopefully get the chance to try it soon!! X

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
You are braver than me going on roller coasters! Lol! We also live on an island (Isle of Man) and our boats are forever breaking down (or crashing into harbour wall which happened a couple of weeks ago! Lol!). I am not on Omnipod, on 640G which I love but not sure if you are allowed to go on roller coasters or not as it's not something I have ever wanted to do! Yes, I am a wimp! ;-)