Over Night Liver Dump

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You mentioned that you have a snack of fruit and cheese before bed, what kind of fruit are you eating? Have you looked at any apps such as My Fitness Pal to track your carbs / fat / protein?

You're doing SO well @Olaf-Jensen and have lots to be proud of :joyful:

Reactions: 2 people

Olaf-Jensen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I have 1 Tangerine with plain yogurt. Or Blueberry. Last night I had Lemon and a bit of Orange. Normally though Tangerine.
Used to have Grape but stopped that.
Not looked at any apps yet. Its all too soon. Have to sort my head out.
Thanks for the compliment

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Well I have 1 Tangerine with plain yogurt. Or Blueberry. Last night I had Lemon and a bit of Orange. Normally though Tangerine.
Used to have Grape but stopped that.
Not looked at any apps yet. Its all too soon. Have to sort my head out.
Thanks for the compliment
Citrus fruits are higher in carbs than berries. Have a look at the nutritional panel on your yoghurt container, how many carbs per 100g? It should be under 10g. For a low carb snack I have berries and thickened cream.

Any fruit juice will have a fair amount of carbs in it. I only drink water, diet lemonade/coke, black coffee with sucaryl, or low carb hot chocolate.

You are getting there... it takes more than a few days for the blood sugar to get into the normal range when you've been as high as 24.

Reactions: 4 people

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
I eat a lot of mature cheddar and mozzarella. The mozzarella usually with meals that include olive oil and vinegar.
Oil and vinegar are helpful in controlling blood glucose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
All fruit that requires a semi-tropical or Mediterranean climate to grow is not suitable for diabetics.

Reactions: 2 people