Pb soup

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
I'm looking for a pb soup to use some of my smooth pb. But I can't find one that uses pb as the largest amount in the recipe. For example I found one using 2 cups of sweet potatoes and only 2/3 cup of pb. I wanted to taste more pb and don't really want to put sweet potatoes in it.
Does anyone have a recipe?

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm looking for a pb soup to use some of my smooth pb. But I can't find one that uses pb as the largest amount in the recipe. For example I found one using 2 cups of sweet potatoes and only 2/3 cup of pb. I wanted to taste more pb and don't really want to put sweet potatoes in it.
What about making a thai style peanut butter sauce to put on something like cauliflower rice or a protein. It might be soft enough for you to eat too.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know @Antje77 makes peanut butter soup sometimes... I think it's Indonesian style, not sure though. She might have some ideas to make it filling without it being, you know, carb heavy.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What about using the recipe you have but add more pb, and use a different veg instead of sweet potatoes?

You can't really go wrong with peanut soup, it goes well with almost all veggies, and if you have any meat, you can add it as well.

I like adding cauliflower or broccoli, or green beans, always onion (cheap and versatile). But cabbage, carrots, leeks, bell pepper, courgette, spinach, anything goes really, including canned veggies and pulses.

Reactions: cdpm and JoKalsbeek

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What about using the recipe you have but add more pb, and use a different veg instead of sweet potatoes?

You can't really go wrong with peanut soup, it goes well with almost all veggies, and if you have any meat, you can add it as well.

I like adding cauliflower or broccoli, or green beans, always onion (cheap and versatile). But cabbage, carrots, leeks, bell pepper, courgette, spinach, anything goes really, including canned veggies and pulses.
Ya I think I will just add more pb.
I don't have any vegetables. Do they have to be in it?

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What about making a thai style peanut butter sauce to put on something like cauliflower rice or a protein. It might be soft enough for you to eat too.
I would have to just eat it but sounds good.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Of course they don't have to be in it, peanut soup without veggies tastes good as well. :)

Reactions: cdpm

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Yes for sure I have to go find that same recipe again.

Reactions: EllieM and Antje77