Please help! Hospital refusing dental treatment, lost all top teeth

AllisonLovell

Hi everyone, I had a emergency dentist appointment in May 2014 for a filling in my front tooth, the dentist injected my gym several times but couldnt numb it sufficiently, and my face had become swollen quite quickly so she refered me to the sedation clinic as i was already scared of dentists.
4 times she refered me as each time she filled forms in wrong, or no xrays etc, so the referrals were returned. After a year of chasing both dentist and sedation clinic my teeth started falling out, no decayed teeth but they'd broken away at the gum line and eventualy snapped off.
I was then refered to special care dentist at hospital who after assessments decided I want fit enough die to poor control. I think my blood test showed my hba1c as 150 and nurse said 16. I don't know what this means but know it's high. Also reduced kidney function and sodium levels were wrong.
So now all my top teeth are broken off at the gum, gums are splitting from tooth to top of inside lip, i can lift flaps up. I've had to break off 4 of the teeth because the dentist wont treat me and hospitals special care dentist, or the Maxio facial dept also refuse to remove the roots til my sugars are stable.
So im in agony, gums falling apart, ear ache, sore throat and swollen neck, but no end to it as no one will treat me.
I'm feeling suicidal as im already bipolar and after 2 years and losing my top teeth, ive become a recluse, cant talk to people, don't go out, my life's ruined and i cant do anything to change this. Because my teeth snap at the gum I can't eat, ive lost 4 stone, cant have insulin cos cant eat and have hypos.
At this point ive been discharged and my teeth have all gone except roots, im taking the teeth out myself as the hang from gum after breaking which is awful.
Please help me as I can't help myself and im bleeding constantly, high temperature, pain all over my body and sickness due to all the blood I swallow.
Thank you for reading til the end x

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@AllisonLovell I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling - this sounds horrendous for you. Are you in contact with your diabetes department? Could they fight your corner with the dental department and come on board to help you get stable? These people really need to be talking to each other. And soon.

Take care.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you are in such pain try to get an emergency appointment with your GP and if you can't go to A&E ,you shouldn't have to suffer like this
CAROL

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You can phone your dentist on the phone after work hours and they produce an emergency contact number for emergency dental treatment so that you can get seen in your area and you don't need to pay for it as it is normally at a hospital at some place easy to get to but that is what I have done in the past to see a dentist and they will try and sort it out for you there and then

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
This is just horrific, you poor thing. I agree with Carol, the first place to start is with your GP. Can I suggest you print out what you have written here and show it to them? I seriously can't understand the maxfac people refusing you, that's what they are there for! Also have you got any mental health support? If you have, maybe get them on your side too. Please don't hide away, although mI understand how awful you feel. Get yourself along to your doc, book a double appt. Time to get this sorted out. xx