PLEASE, HELP!

Igor288700

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dear Forum members! The question I am addressing to you is very painful. I tried to contact local management sources, but I only have you as my last hope for treatment and help in spreading the issue of my problem as much as possible. I am writing to you through a translator, maybe it does not translate correctly, but still try to understand what the very essence of the problem is. Me and my family are from Ukraine. We came to Finland to seek asylum, given the very serious problems, the abduction of a child and the complete violation of all human rights. We were placed in the Finnish Red Cross refugee reception center. after a while, due to my poor health, I turned to the Red Cross nurses as it should be with a request to resolve my problems. my head was spinning violently and the ground was sinking under my feet. They measured my sugar and it turned out to be 24.7. I was referred to a doctor. The doctor F, a general practitioner, did NOT listen carefully to me and offered treatment. the problem is understanding the language. There are many Russian doctors, or maybe Russian speakers, working in the clinics of Tervistale and Michelainen in Finland. an Estonian is given an interpreter at the doctor's appointment, who does not understand Russian himself, and I have to explain to the translator what I want to say and then wait for him to translate to the doctor and as a result I hear that the doctor did not understand what I said to him. from making an appointment with a doctor, 60 minutes or 40 minutes are left for me to discuss my problem for 5-7 minutes of the total time. and the rest goes to the translation. I raised this issue with the Red Cross nurses and said that it was easier for me to communicate with a Russian-speaking doctor and this was a saving because I did not need to pay for the services of an interpreter who did not understand what I was telling him. this whole story came to the fact that the nurse of the reception center, whose names are both E and K, told me that I would die long and painfully because I said something that their ears did not like to hear and in the reception center they decide whether I will live and be healthy or not. An emigrant does not have the right to go to a nurse in the city in a polyclinic or a doctor without an appointment with a nurse at the reception center. and when, in desperation, I tried to go there myself with my wife, these nurses K and E called the whole city, all the clinics and told them that they would drive us away everywhere and not accept us. The city's medical staff had already called the reception center themselves and told them that it was dangerous for life and health, but they did not even want to hear anything. the conflict situation has reached an impasse and I am slowly burning up in my blood sugar level. It's useless to talk to the director. all the reception centers in Finland where he was the director of renee, all closed as problematic and the people there were driven to despair. my problem and the situation are at an impasse. I have not been able to see a doctor in terms of diabetes treatment for more than a year. I can't get to the diabetic nurse either. I am attaching a file with my name and the analyses done with the specified dates in the file. you have a very good forum, you have wonderful people, I'm just asking you to help me make this issue as public as possible. why is that? because earlier, other people, similarly turning to the world, were able to get out of the hands of psychologically ill Red Cross employees to receive the necessary treatment and relief. There are many nurses working in the reception center. but it is these two who have taken over our personal affairs and run our lives. my wife and I and our 4 small and beautiful children do not have the right, in the opinion of nurse E and K, to any medical treatment. Please! Help!!!

(mod edit to remove names of practitioners and contact number and to remove personal details from file)

Attachments

• dcukfilenoname.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can’t really help @Igor288700 as I’m in the UK and know nothing about Finland, just wanted to say I’m so sorry for all your troubles and hope you can get sorted out soon

• Friendly
Reactions: Igor288700

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Igor,

I am sorry to read of your troubles.

I see from the printout that you attached, that you received results of your blood tests on the 30th of January 2024, with HbA1c at 94. Your LibreView data from 31/01/2024 to 13/02/2024 show that you are only 4% within target range. With those high readings, you really need to be on treatment for your diabetes.

Did the medical centre that took your bloods, also start you on Libre sensors? If they did, and you should have downloaded the information to them? With readings that high you should be on medication.

Please let us know of your progress.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Igor288700