Type 1 Post Covid

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else’s blood sugars stayed up after having Covid? I had it mid March and my hba1c has gone from the low 7’s to 8.4. It’s erratic during the night too. I’m trying to bring it down steadily but am at a loss. After 47 years of type 1 stuff it’s floored me. No mater what I do it still drops during the night. My feet are sore now too. Unfortunately diabetes’ nurse appointments are down to 1 nurse who appears once every 2 months. Anyone else recognise this? That’d help

• Hug
Reactions: EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @conniecar what kind of insulin regime are you on? If I was going low over the night then my first try would be to reduce my basal (I'm on lantus and humalog) but if you are on a pump I am assuming that you have the option to tweak basal rates at night?

I'm lucky that I've only had covid once and things went back to normalish within a month.

Hopefully yours will get easier to manage soon...?

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. I’m on Fiasp with meals and Tresiba in the morning. Was working great. Tried tweaking the basal but it pushed up my day time readings. Hopefully it’ll settle soon as it’s coming up to two months since I had Covid. X