Promotion and many thanks.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well, it's been a decade, and it's been another milestone yesterday, I just can't believe, that I have posted that many! I mean, I know I do long posts, but why and how did I get to that many?
I have learned so much being on here and I think I have been friendly enough to have friendship and comradeship, maybe a spaceship as well!!
And I'm still learning about my condition and about how we can be so helpful to one another, when we are really strangers looking for advice and answers.
The weird and wonderful world of RH, hypoglycaemia and other related issues and conditions.
I can safely say that I never thought, that I could and would, never mind should spend so much time scrolling through the the threads, trying to sort out those that may have a unusual medical story to tell.
I gonna thank the many posters in the RH forum, even those who have posted when I'm not around, the posters, who have tagged me. Those that have helped with the set up of those forums, the footie, the general chat, the word games, even the friendly chat across the forums, the many mods. And in particular, those and you know who you are, who have been so intrinsic in my hanging around here for so long.

I praise the knowledge and expertise with the amount of success stories, including my own, learning that the answer to so many of the issues on the forum are what goes in our gobs! And the treatment for many of us, is, We avoid those, that cause the spike that are part and parcel of most conditions we talk about on here.

So, for instance, you spike, cos you have too many carbs, that to me, is a bit obscure, and the term intolerant doesn't help, I think if you know how many chips, reach that level of spike, you shouldn't reach.
So if it's one chip, you are quite likely intolerant completely, to that one chip, that it is necessary to completely avoid it. So if you can manage two chips, with something that has good fat as part of some protein, it might stretch it to three chips. I have shares in the chip butty mines around here!
But there are those that can have a small portion of chips and only spike if they have one more.
How do you know, if that makes sense, how many chips you can have?. And because of so many different reasons, it is so individual and where you are on the journey. How the hell can we offer advice without knowing so many different things?
Particularly history of the posters health. We can't, and we have to be so careful and avoid breaking forum rules, bending them at times!!!!! Disagreement is to be avoided with the hierarchy!
So it's about being rational, courteous and understanding, with a pinch of, you have been here in the same place as the poster. And a sprinkling of humility and empathy.
I have gone on too long again! Once I start, I just can't understand why I just can't write a short answer?

It does seem that RH is becoming less rare, the amount of posts in our forum which sometimes floors me.
But I carry on, because I know what it is like to be swimming in the river of uncertainty, against the ebb and flow of blood glucose levels. And I think I know that there is always someone, who needs a helping hand to unravel the intricacies of having a condition where the doctors don't know why or how to treat it.

I am honoured and privileged to be a member and an Oracle (whatever that means) of this great forum.
I hope that you will extend my participation and grant me the wherewithal to do so.

I am so humbly your servent.
Best wishes.

Lamont D.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Amazing message @Lamont D , and welcome to our little 'oracle' club!
Just keep posting and apparently you'll become a 'guru'. :hilarious:

Thank you for helping so many members figure out what's going on with them, whether it's RH or something else.
Thank you for being a friendly soul on the forum to members of all types of glucose dysregulation.
Thank you for openly sharing your own struggles, showing that it's ok to speak of mental problems, and showing things can improve again.
Thank you for being you on this small but important little corner of the internet.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Amazing message @Lamont D , and welcome to our little 'oracle' club!
Just keep posting and apparently you'll become a 'guru'. :hilarious:

Thank you for helping so many members figure out what's going on with them, whether it's RH or something else.
Thank you for being a friendly soul on the forum to members of all types of glucose dysregulation.
Thank you for openly sharing your own struggles, showing that it's ok to speak of mental problems, and showing things can improve again.
Thank you for being you on this small but important little corner of the internet.
I put friendly but it could have been optimistic!
Talking of amazing message, you did it better than me and a lot shorter!
Lots of respect to you and your fellow mods past and present.Having to scrutinise my waffling!
You don't do a bad job yourself, trying to decipher my style of English -Scouse.
Best wishes

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I put friendly but it could have been optimistic!
Talking of amazing message, you did it better than me and a lot shorter!
Lots of respect to you and your fellow mods past and present.Having to scrutinise my waffling!
You don't do a bad job yourself, trying to decipher my style of English -Scouse.
Best wishes
I had some difficulty choosing between friendly and funny here, but I followed your lead and went with the friendly. ;)
As for mods, I can only speak for myself as a former mod, and I've scrutinised a lot of your wafflling during my time as a mod, but I've never minded reading them although I sometimes found it hard to read your posts when you were in a darker time. It's always been clear you love this forum enough to try and stick mostly to the rules, even if you don't always fully agree with them.

As for Scouse, I've just looked it up, please make it harder for me!
I'm planning to visit Liverpool and the greater area with my car and my small tent early october next year so I can use the practice!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Or more likely, more often properly identified or diagnosed.
It's probably been around a lot, just hiding in plain sight

And you Sir Lamont are both trail blazer and oracle
I have just noticed yourself have passed a milestone recently and another poster who is worthy of their expert tag. Many thanks.
And that is my thought as well, I do think that RH like myself and others have been misdiagnosed because of the similarity in symptoms and the lack of hypo awareness, plus the high spikes being considered as diabetic.
Best wishes

Reactions: aylalake