really down today

susie1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I seen a doctor this week at the hospital about my ongoing stomach problems since finding out I was type 2 last august I get awfull runs every morning ,ive had all the test done and it seems its caused by my diabetes I had a reading of 69 last year and sadly there is no cure . I take insulin twice a day 14 in the morning and16 at night they told me to try a low fat low carb diet and to try codeine .ive lost 2 and half stone does anyone else have this thanks sue

C

catherinecherub

Hi @susie1953.

You seem to have hit a brick wall. (((((hugs)))))

Did they explain how the diabetes was affecting your stomach problems? Was autonomic neuropathy mentioned?

Have you been given a diet sheet and some information with this new diet? Is there any follow up with a dietitian?

susie1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi yes I feel I have hit a brick wall ,the dietitian said any food change wouldn't change it ,the dr said that because my blood sugars was 69 last year I had diabities for some time without knowing it and it had affected the nerves in my stomach I don't handle fat very well .autonomic neuropathy wasn't mentioned I havnt been given a diet sheet just to cut down on fat and carbs thank you for your reply catherine

BooBoo's Mum

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I seen a doctor this week at the hospital about my ongoing stomach problems since finding out I was type 2 last august I get awfull runs every morning ,ive had all the test done and it seems its caused by my diabetes I had a reading of 69 last year and sadly there is no cure . I take insulin twice a day 14 in the morning and16 at night they told me to try a low fat low carb diet and to try codeine .ive lost 2 and half stone does anyone else have this thanks sue
Hi Susie 1953. I so sympathised with you when I read that you have awful runs every morning. For years I have suffered with this complaint until in desperation I went back to my GP last year and blood tests showed that I am Non Coeliac Gluten Intolerant, I changed to a gluten free diet with my doctor's agreement and there was a marked improvement but it was even better when I tried a2 milk. Apparently most milk has the a1 protein and it's that that can cause digestive problems. To give you an example, I was taking loperamide for the runs quite a few times a week. Since I started taking a2 milk a few weeks ago I've only had to take loperamide once and that was because I'd overdone it a bit the night before. Hope this helps. I really wish I'd tried this milk sooner