Retinopathy test

MaryJ

Hi all

Update.

Have finally had my test today at a small local optician.

Normal eye test first - could do with reading glasses but she won't insist if I can manage.

Rest went smoothly, drops stung tiny amount but nothing to worry about.

Took photos, showed me, talked me through them - all looking good. No signs of diabetes (presume she means of diabetic complications)? Will be sent to the screening people where a 2nd optomitrist will hopefully agree with her grading (then that will be my 'result') , if not a 3rd optomitrist will review. Not expecting any issues.

Took my sunglasses as advised - def needed them, eyes more sensitive to light.

3 hours later am on here, starting to feel more normal now but tired.

go back in 12 months

Mary x
(gotta go - match to watch :clap: )
ps - can i say come on city!!!!! :lol:

Unbeliever

:thumbup: :thumbup: She meant diabetic changes. Most diabetics have some signs of them. Thats when they tell people they have "background retinopathy " and they panic.

With good control background retinopathy stays -well -in the background and never develops into anythig requiring treatment.
if you have no signs at all you are doing very well . You must have been diagnosed before anything could happen.
That's great news!

There's a lot of good news here today. Must be an auspicious day for diabetics. .

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to hear your test sounds as though you will be shown to be clear.

I am still waiting for my first Retinopathy Test to come through as there is apparently a 2/3 waiting time in my area but it's reassuring to know what happens. My Diabetes was diagnosed as a result of my optician finding several small bleeds in the back of my eye so I am already under the beady eye of a Consultant at the Eye Hospital who started the whole diabetes testing process by referring me back to my GP for blood tests. Serves me right for wanting another new frame for my glasses, still at least it appears I have been diagnosed early.

Oh and "Up the Reds"!!!!!!!!!

Defren

Unbeliever said:
There's a lot of good news here today. Must be an auspicious day for diabetics. .

Well done Mary, all looking very good. Lovely when you are given a long time between appointments. Really happy for you :clap: :clap:

I was thinking the same Unbeliever, there has been some super news around here lately. I would love to think that perhaps there will be a turning point in the care of diabetics soon. I think a forum party and a few little celebratory of the red, white, clear, or brown stuff would be in order.

MaryJ

Has been a great day indeed.

Well done to us all.

un-be-lieeeeee-verrrrrr (you'll always be that to me now lol) - I think you're right - re got to me early and thanks to this forum and all you lovely jubblies I took action, and intend to continue for ever and ever and ever..........................and ever.

Defren - I'd like to think you're right re the future care. It's just a shame more people don;t know.

Jeannemum - I'm thinking of putting ex-diabetic now on any forms (anyone about to jump on me for this one - keep your knickers on - only joking lol)

Mary x