Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Ok i'm a lunatic with type 1 !!

I still can't believe i've decided to do this, took a while to make my mind up and having nightmares already about jumping out of a plane, but i've figured there's not many things i'm good at that would help raise money, so why not do something insane instead !

If anyone here can donate even £1 then fabulous. JDRF is a truly worthy cause and we owe it them to help find a cure to put a stop to this, so I hope as many as possible will just leave whatever they can and i'll do my best to make sure I do jump out - date is to be confirmed around 3rd or 10th August at Brackley (if you want to come and have a laugh !) - I will be providing updates on this thread to the dates and level of fear i'm experiencing in the months leading up to it...

http://www.justgiving.com/Justine-Steventon1

Jus
;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well done for being so brave, I couldn't do that, and my dad was a paratrooper in WW11!!
I would love to donate JDRF, as you say it's a wonderful cause. Brilliant :-D

Reactions: 2 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Robin - that's very kind, thank you so much, I hope it's ok to post the link on here, but I sort of figured that we all have a common interest which is to help find a cure and every little bit helps.

Next question - should I take out insurance ?!

:blackeye:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello again, Insurance ? good question. I would get in touch with JDRF as I'm sure they must of had many questions about this type of thing and if they can't advise, maybe they could point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ooo thanks for that, how scared were you though before you did it ?!

No nightmares last night so that was good !!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hey all - just to confirm my jump date is the 3rd August, if anyone has any spare pennies and wants to support JDRF, please jump onto my page at Just Giving and show your support - all donations are gratefully appreciated to help me towards my target, thanks folks ;)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Has anyone else here done a skydive before ?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It's me again begging sponsorship !!

JDRF are really worth supporting so even if you've got a £1 or £1000 - please sponsor me !

I read recently a 96 Amercian woman did a skydive, with this piece of knowledge I am feeling somewhat slightly more confident :woot:

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey well done you!! I'm planning on jumping sometime in September as a weird birthday "treat(?)" to myself lol. Looking forward to reading your updates!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App