Smart Pens

johnstoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.
Currently on NovoRapid cartridge with Novo Smart Pen.

And also Lantus Solostar prefilled pens (not cartridge/smartpen).

The other week, our pharmacy gave me the Lantus cartridge instead of the prefilled pens.
They corrected the mistake and so have the normal pens now.

They allowed me to keep the lantus cartridges.

I've looked online, and can't see a Lantus Smartpen anywhere. Would these cartridge work in my existing Novo smart pen?
Saves them going to waste.

Or is there a lantus smart pen out there I just can't see?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.
Currently on NovoRapid cartridge with Novo Smart Pen.

And also Lantus Solostar prefilled pens (not cartridge/smartpen).

The other week, our pharmacy gave me the Lantus cartridge instead of the prefilled pens.
They corrected the mistake and so have the normal pens now.

They allowed me to keep the lantus cartridges.

I've looked online, and can't see a Lantus Smartpen anywhere. Would these cartridge work in my existing Novo smart pen?
Saves them going to waste.

Or is there a lantus smart pen out there I just can't see?
Hi,

The Lantus cartridges will not fit into the Novopens (different arrangement with the attachment to screw the needles to.)
To the best of my knowledge. (& I have also looked.) Sanofi do not make smart pens for Lantus.

The smart pen thing using Bluetooth is a deal struck up between Abbott, (on librelink the app developer for Mysugr? & Novo nordisk.

johnstoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, if not a smart pen. What about a pen that simply fits the cartridge. Surly if we ha e cartridges in the UK. There must be a pen to use them?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, if not a smart pen. What about a pen that simply fits the cartridge. Surly if we ha e cartridges in the UK. There must be a pen to use them?
The pen I got for Lantus cartridges is called the “AllStar pro.”

Reactions: johnstoc

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Lantus/ sanofi don't do a smart pen and they don't work in a smart pen as I have already asked and get the same answer I'm passing on the only way is to go on to a novo insulin and that is the only one that is acceptable as a smart pen for diabetes and with Novo Nordisk you have the grove on the cartridge as sanofi you don't it's on the pen only like the pre filled ones