Sore Insulin Site

Hi people :)

I know this going to sound bad but I got really lazy over uni and for past 4 years I have been leaving in infusion sets for 1 week to 1 and half week at a time! :shock: Thankfully not had any infections so far but my stomach has become really bad. it has marks on it and parts of it are hard.
I am going to change my site to thighs so will it go away or is there any risk of permanent damage to my skin?

Thanks

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I certainly wouldnt leave my cannulas/sets in that long. I believe they advise to change 2/3 days as there is a reason... Not to get more money from nhs or to cause us hassle... But because of hardening and scar tissue...

Try applying bio oil to skin affected skin on stomach, it should help it to recover.

pumppimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi sorry bit late now but,
Bio oil helps it also helps to massage it in especially in the lumpy bit. Tea tree and whitch hazel also helps I find. make sure you stay well clear of your tummy for a while until its all cleared up. There are lots of other areas you could use as well. back of arms bum lower back, hips. depends on how much extra fatty bits you have spare and if you can reach.