Such a shame

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
A loss of life from any accident is shocking and I'm wondering who was at fault. I always give cyclists extreme caution as I approach them in my car, after having one of then almost under my wheels from an attempted right turn from the left gutter without any look behind to see what was coming....very scary!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I don't know what happened in this case but I think cycling is dangerous. I got knocked off my bike once by a car avoiding another cyclist who didn't stop. Back problems for ages afterwards.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I remember watching that fight with Lewis.......Mason was a true fighter, old school. Tough and hard as nails.

That night he met the up and coming young guy Lewis and he was outboxed and sadly injured. That was the end for his career but he gave us some great fights. A warrior !

Sad for his life to end the way it did....... :(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
cugila said:
I remember watching that fight with Lewis.......Mason was a true fighter, old school. Tough and hard as nails.

That night he met the up and coming young guy Lewis and he was outboxed and sadly injured. That was the end for his career but he gave us some great fights. A warrior !

Sad for his life to end the way it did....... :(

Thought it was nice that Lewis admitted that the fight was a ''watershed moment in his career''.

Nigel

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
The death of any person, in what was very likely a senseless accident is the waste of a life.
I thoroughly disapprove of boxing. A sport whose objective is to injure one of the participants, although I can understand why people participate [not why spectators watch though].
However I do regret un necessary deaths
Hana

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
hanadr said:
The death of any person, in what was very likely a senseless accident is the waste of a life.
I thoroughly disapprove of boxing. A sport whose objective is to injure one of the participants, although I can understand why people participate [not why spectators watch though].
However I do regret un necessary deaths
Hana

I second that. My OH was a boxer and we all had to walk about in a solemn hush when it was on TV. Can't abide it myself.
Very sad, however, when anyone has an accident and always try to give cyclists a good leeway.