T1D and five weeks pregnant with second child - feeling nervous!

-Jules

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, and was looking for some info/support! I'm T1D (almost 20 years), on an insulin pump, based in London, and have recently found out I'm five weeks pregnant with my second child. I'm excited, but also super-nervous! This one was not 100% planned, but very much wanted, keeping my fingers crossed all goes ok...

Doing my best to manage my blood sugars (hard to know exactly where I was at pre-pregnancy as COVID meant that I hadn't had a recent HbA1c since last year), but I found out I was pregnant very early on, and so far have been doing not too badly, although have had the occasional high above 10 due to hormone swings (corrected as quickly as I could) that has worried me.

I'm interested in whether anyone on here who is a T1D pump user has used the antenatal services at Chelsea and Westminster hospital? I'm debating self-referring there, as I had a less than pleasant birth experience at Queen Charlotte's, but would love input from anyone who has experience there!

Generally feeling a bit scared and uncertain, especially given COVID...etc, and have been putting off self-referring. Any support and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Reactions: marie85