T2 after gestational diabetes

debbs0212

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, 1st post here. I had gestational diabetes this time last year, my son was born in December, the last 2 months of pregnancy I was on metformin and night time insulin. My HbA1c came back clear, can't remember the numbers (baby brain) but gp said all was good, although I did walk to the docs to get my test which was a 45 min walk and I'm not sure if that would have affected the results, anyways fast forward to now and I'm starting to have some symptoms of (possibly) T2, increased thirst, frequent urination, feeling extremely lethargic (I also have an appalling diet and survive on sugar and Carbs which I'm aiming to improve) I have dug out my monitor and will do a couple of fasting readings, can someone confirm what numbers are normal range? In gestational diabetes my fasting had to be under 5.5 and 2 hours post meals had to be under 7 (if I remember right) I'm such a carb monster and I was miserable with the gestational diabetes so kinda went mad after baby, any other carb addicts with advice on how to cut down?

Last edited: